Layered Brownie Dessert Recipe
A tasty brownie is the base for layers of cream cheese and chocolate pudding in this make-ahead dessert. —Muriel Ledeboer, Oostburg, Wisconsin
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Whipped topping and chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in nuts.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over brownies.
- 4. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over filling. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving.
- 5. Cut into squares; garnish with whipped topping and nuts. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece (calculated without whipped topping and nuts) equals 548 calories, 28 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC