Layered Brownie Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Whipped topping and chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in nuts.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over brownies.
- 4. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over filling. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving.
- 5. Cut into squares; garnish with whipped topping and nuts. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 548 calories, 28g fat (15g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Layered Brownie Dessert
"Very good dessert, although kind of messy. The brownie batter ended up very thick and paste-like, and made for a very tough brownie. If I made this again, I would use a different brownie recipe."
"I got a lot of compliments on this dessert - loved the brownie base - a nice alternative to traditional graham cracker or shortbread crusts that I have made with other layered desserts. I did leave out the nuts, since I knew there were several in the group I was serving that didn't care for them. I have also made this using pistachio pudding. Wonderful recipe!"
"Very refreshing, easy, and inexpensive layered dessert. Everyone enjoyed it. Nice chewy brownie layer."
"I made this dessert over the summer for our family Fourth of July gathering and several of my relatives are still calling and asking me to make it for them again!"