Layered Brownie Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 9 whole graham crackers
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine milk and vanilla. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture.
- 2. Remove a third of the batter to another bowl; stir in melted chocolate. Fold in walnuts. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Arrange graham crackers over top.
- 3. Add chocolate chips to remaining batter. Drop by spoonfuls over graham crackers and spread evenly. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 203 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Layered Brownie Cookies
"Good way to use ripe bananas"
"I was very disappointed with this recipe. The brownies were ver dry and crumbly. Perhaps I baked them too long, however I baked them for 22 minutes. Won't make these again :-("
"These brownies turned out delicious but it was very difficult to determine a third of the batter. On the first try I had to take it out of the pan and add more batter to the mixture to have enough to spread into the pan.SJS"