- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 9 whole graham crackers
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine milk and vanilla. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture.
- Remove a third of the batter to another bowl; stir in melted chocolate. Fold in walnuts. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Arrange graham crackers over top.
- Add chocolate chips to remaining batter. Drop by spoonfuls over graham crackers and spread evenly. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Layered Brownie Cookies
"Good way to use ripe bananas"
"I was very disappointed with this recipe. The brownies were ver dry and crumbly. Perhaps I baked them too long, however I baked them for 22 minutes. Won't make these again :-("
"These brownies turned out delicious but it was very difficult to determine a third of the batter. On the first try I had to take it out of the pan and add more batter to the mixture to have enough to spread into the pan.SJS"