Layered Broccoli Salad
Everyone enjoys this simple salad with dinner. The layers look festive, and the crisp broccoli, sunflower seeds and bacon are a nice contrast to the chewy bits of dried cranberries.Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large glass bowl, layer the broccoli, onion and cranberries.
- Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, honey and vinegar; drizzle over
- salad. Sprinkle with cheese, sunflower kernels and bacon. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 209 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.