This is an attractive and tasty spread to present guests at holiday parties. Serve it with crackers or even vegetable dippers.—Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Recommended: 25 Christmas Potluck Appetizers for 12 or More
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sour cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Assorted breads or crackers
- On a serving plate, spread two packages of cream cheese into an 8-in. circle. In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, 1/4 cup sour cream, parsley, cilantro, chives and pepper until blended. Spread over cream cheese layer to within 1/2 in. of the edges.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Spread over blue cheese layer to within 1 in. of the edges. Sprinkle with walnuts just before serving. Serve with breads or crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Layered Blue Cheese Spread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p83
Reviews for Layered Blue Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review