Layered Blue Cheese Spread Recipe
This is an attractive and tasty spread to present guests at holiday parties. Serve it with crackers or even vegetable dippers.—Lillian Julow, Gainesville, Florida
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sour cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Assorted breads or crackers
- 1. On a serving plate, spread two packages of cream cheese into an 8-in. circle. In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, 1/4 cup sour cream, parsley, cilantro, chives and pepper until blended. Spread over cream cheese layer to within 1/2 in. of the edges.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Spread over blue cheese layer to within 1 in. of the edges. Sprinkle with walnuts just before serving. Serve with breads or crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without breads or crackers) equals 103 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC