Layered Blue Cheese Spread Recipe
This is an attractive and tasty spread to present guests at holiday parties. Serve it with crackers or even vegetable dippers.—Lillian Julow, Gainesville, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:32 servings
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sour cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Assorted breads or crackers
- 1. On a serving plate, spread two packages of cream cheese into an 8-in. circle. In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, 1/4 cup sour cream, parsley, cilantro, chives and pepper until blended. Spread over cream cheese layer to within 1/2 in. of the edges.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Spread over blue cheese layer to within 1 in. of the edges. Sprinkle with walnuts just before serving. Serve with breads or crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without breads or crackers) equals 103 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC