- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- CREAM LAYER:
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- ORANGE LAYER:
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- In a small bowl, dissolve raspberry gelatin in boiling water. Whisk in cranberry sauce until blended. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set but not firm, about 45 minutes.
- For the cream layer, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water. Let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and vanilla. Fold in gelatin mixture, then whipped topping. Spoon over cranberry layer and gently spread. Refrigerate until set but not firm, about 45 minutes.
- Drain oranges, reserving 1 cup syrup; set oranges aside. In a small bowl, dissolve orange gelatin in boiling water. Sir in reserved syrup. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 45 minutes. Stir in oranges. Carefully spoon over sour cream layer. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Layered Berry Gelatin Salad
Sort By :
Hi Sharen, this is your sister! I just ran across this recipe but I haven't tried it yet. It doesn't sound too difficult, just time consuming. Any recipe that is time consuming usually turns out one of the best. Knowing what a good cook that you are, I will try it out!
The directions are not complete enough. I heated the cranberry sauce in order to get it dissolved. The sour cream needs to be a at room temperature or when you add the room temperature gelatin it will set into lumps in the sour cream. I had to heat it slightly to get it smooth again. I have made it twice and it wa a hit but takes a long time to make certainly not quick
More Recipe Collections
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Jello Salad Recipes >
- Layered Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >