- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the potatoes, corn, green pepper, onion and carrots. Crumble beef over vegetables. Pour tomato sauce over top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Editor's Note: Layered Beef Casserole can be divided between two 1-1/2 quart baking dishes. Bake one casserole to enjoy now and freeze the other for another meal. Casserole can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake as directed. Sprinkle with cheese before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Layered Beef Casserole
Sort By :
very much like the 4-6-8 layer dnners -- oldies !!! very good !!! -- however , editors note is questionable ?? -- older recipes always called for beef cooked to no longer pink - i would never freeze it like he/ she suggested
My family didn't like this recipe. They said it tasted like stew with cheese.
Very good; great comfort food and it is relatively healthy (I didn't like not being able to drain the ground beef). Will definitely make it again! Next time will increase the amount of tomato sauce or add a bit (1/2 cup perhaps) of water. The beef layer was a bit dry. Other than the Velveeta, a fairly inexpensive recipe that uses a lot of staples we have around the house. Thanks for the recipe!!
This was good, my son liked it, but next time I will try mixing the tomato sauce and Velveeta with a can of cream soup, either mushroom or chicken, and pouring it over the meat and vegetables.
JO SAID THIS IS GREAT
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >