Layered Basil Salad Recipe
- 4 cups torn assorted salad greens
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1-1/2 cups cooked macaroni shells
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 medium red onion, diced
3/4 pound fully cooked Ham, cubedHoliday Ham Celebrate the holidays with your favorite ham and ALDI savings.
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges, optional
- In a 3-1/2-qt. glass bowl, layer greens, carrots, macaroni, peas, onion, ham and cheeses. In a small bowl, combine the first six dressing ingredients; spread over salad. Garnish with eggs if desired. Cover and chill for several hours. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Layered Basil Salad
Sort By :
"I have been making this since I saw it in the magazine many years ago. Like another reviewer, I also use bacon instead of ham. It's beautiful as well as delicious."
"This is a great variation on the classic 8 layer salad, and goes over quite well at a church pot luck. layer in a 9x13 dish so that everyone gets a bit of everything."
"I found the dressing to be way to mayonnaisey. Also, the thing about layered salads is how to get some of the bottom veggies when you are the first person to scoop from the bowl. That person gets all the dressing."
"I have made this salad many times and everyone has loved it!"
"I also have been making this salad for years. I use cooked bacon instead of ham and it's great."