Trish Schoofs' no-cook banana dessert is old-fashioned comfort food that tastes like you fussed. "This recipe is a real winner at our house," she writes from her West Bend, Wisconsin kitchen. "Not only is it lighter in fat and calories, but it's light on your time, too. Plus, it's a great way to use up bananas."
Recommended: 30 Desserts Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 9 whole cinnamon graham crackers, halved
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Place nine graham cracker squares in an ungreased 8-in. square dish. Top with half of the pudding mixture and half of the banana slices. Repeat layers. Spread with remaining whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Layered Banana Dessert in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p57
Reviews for Layered Banana Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review