Layered Asian Dip Recipe
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Sesame rice crackers or tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, carrot, peanuts, onions, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, parsley, garlic and sesame seeds. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch; stir in water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and pepper sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool for 5 minutes. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3. Just before serving, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining soy sauce until smooth. Spread evenly into a 12-in. serving dish. Cover with chicken mixture; drizzle with sauce. Serve with crackers or chips. Yield: 20 servings.
2 tablespoon: 61 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Reviews for Layered Asian Dip
"This dip is absolutely fabulous! Esp with butter crackers..its amazing. I made it for my Bunco..and the women devoured it..they were scraping the plate..the only things I changed was using cilantro instead of parsley"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.