Layered Artichoke Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Pat artichokes and peppers dry; set aside. Line a 3-cup bowl with plastic wrap. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and dressing mix until smooth. In another bowl, combine the artichokes, peppers and parsley.
- 2. Spread a third of the cream cheese mixture into prepared bowl; top with half of the artichoke mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Unmold onto a serving plate. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 63 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
Reviews for Layered Artichoke Cheese Spread
"It was a hit at my dinner party. My husband asked me to make it again the following week."