Layer Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) fresh spinach, torn
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large bunches romaine, torn
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1. In two 5-qt. bowls, layer spinach, eggs, bacon, mushrooms, romaine and onion. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper; spread evenly over the salads. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and chill 12-24 hours. Just before serving, add peas and toss. Yield: 50 servings (about 1 cup each).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 126 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Layer Salad
"I made half the recipe, to test it. It's very good. I liked everything in this recipe: two kinds of greens, cooked eggs, bacon, the lemon dressing... It's similar to a Seven Layered Salad recipe that I have, but different enough to keep for a change of pace. I plan to take this salad to a family gathering. I'll have the peas on the side, not everyone cares for peas. Again, I'll only make half the recipe, which will be enough for us."