Lavender Honey Cheesecake Recipe
I love the scent of lavender, and the edible flowers make this cheesecake one of the most unique I have ever tasted. You can use lavender honey in this recipe for extra flavor, but even without it, the lavender is very distinct. —Julie Palmer, Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
- 4 tablespoons dried lavender flowers, divided
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups crushed shortbread cookies (about 21 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- Lavender sugar and fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons lavender and water. Cover and steep for 15 minutes. Strain water, discarding lavender. Set aside.
- Crush remaining lavender flowers. In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, butter and crushed lavender. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and honey until smooth. Gradually beat in lavender water. In another bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into filling. Spoon over crust.
- Refrigerate overnight. Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Sprinkle with lavender sugar and mint leaves if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Lavender Honey Cheesecake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p231
Reviews for Lavender Honey Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >