- 4 tablespoons dried lavender flowers, divided
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups crushed shortbread cookies (about 21 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- Lavender sugar and fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons lavender and water. Cover and steep for 15 minutes. Strain water, discarding lavender. Set aside.
- Crush remaining lavender flowers. In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, butter and crushed lavender. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and honey until smooth. Gradually beat in lavender water. In another bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into filling. Spoon over crust.
- Refrigerate overnight. Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Sprinkle with lavender sugar and mint leaves if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Lavender Honey Cheesecake
"The promise of combining honey, lavender and shortbread is great. However, this recipe was a complete fail. There was nothing to bind the cake. Even though I strickly followed the recipe, once the springform pan was loosened, the cake flowed out like a soft pudding.Owning a lavender farm for 5 years, we cook with lavender all the time. I, and my guests, got a good laugh out of the results, but were disappointed that dessert was a disaster.If someone can tell us what is missing, the world might enjoy a firmer cheesecake."
"If you love lavender you will love this cheesecake. The lavender flavor is distinct. SUPER EASY to make, and so unique and delicious. I don't particularly care for honey, but in this recipe it complements the lavender perfectly. Not too sweet at all. Garnishing with fresh sweet blueberries would be delicious. It seems to get better as it sits, too."