"I am a wedding and event planner," writes field editor Glenna Tooman of Boise, Idaho. "One of my brides served these unusual bookies at her reception, and I had to have the recipe. You can guess what her wedding color was!"
84 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons dried lavender flowers
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugar until light
- and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
- addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, lavender, baking
- powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lightly
- coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2
- minutes before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 46 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium,