"I am a wedding and event planner," writes field editor Glenna Tooman of Boise, Idaho. "One of my brides served these unusual bookies at her reception, and I had to have the recipe. You can guess what her wedding color was!"
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons dried lavender flowers
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, lavender, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Lavender Cookies in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p7
Reviews for Lavender Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review