6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup dried lavender flowers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the barbecue sauce,
- lavender, oil and garlic. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to
- coat. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken skin side down on grill
- rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes. Turn; grill
- 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 315 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.