- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-2/3 cups warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 15 Greek olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water. Stir in the honey; let stand for 5 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons oil, salt and remaining warm water. Add 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a large greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Shape each portion into a 9-in. circle. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make several 1/4-in. indentations in each loaf. Combine the olives, lavender, garlic and remaining oil; brush over loaves. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2 loaves (8 wedges each).
Originally published as Lavender & Olive Focaccia in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p62
Reviews for Lavender & Olive Focaccia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Greek Appetizers >
- Greek Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Bread Recipes >