Lava Chocolate Cakes Recipe
True decadence at its best, this rich chocolate cake created by the Taste of Home Cooking School features a warm, gooey chocolate center that oozes out onto the dessert plate. Whether you enjoy it garnished with a dollop of whipped cream or sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, you'll want to lick the plate clean!
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream, optional
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Grease the bottom and sides of four 6-oz. ramekins; sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon sugar. Place ramekins on a baking sheet; set aside.
- 2. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Whisk in the eggs, egg yolks, instant coffee and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt; spoon batter into prepared ramekins.
- 3. Bake at 400° for about 12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and cake sides are set and centers are soft.
- 4. Remove ramekins to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Carefully run a small knife around cakes to loosen. Invert warm cakes onto serving plates. Lift ramekins off cakes. Serve warm with whipped cream or sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 583 calories, 37 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 268 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC