- process until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.
- For croutons, rub one side of each bread slice with garlic; discard
- garlic. Cut bread slices in half. Place on an ungreased baking
- sheet. Bake at 400 for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly
- In a stockpot, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1
- minute longer. Reduce heat; stir in tomatoes and saffron. Add the
- potatoes, fennel, broth, clam juice and tarragon. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes
- are almost tender.
- Add the clams, mussels, snapper and shrimp. Cook, stirring
- occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until clams and mussels open and
- fish flakes easily with a fork. Discard any unopened clams or
- mussels. Spoon into bowls; sprinkle with parsley. Spread pepper mayo
- over croutons; serve with bouillabaisse. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-2/3 cups with 2 teaspoons spread on 1/2 slice of bread equals 239 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 684 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.