- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups diced red potatoes
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons fat-free milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and evaporated milk until smooth; stir into broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vegetables and turkey; heat through. Transfer to an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish.
- For crust, combine the flours, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Stir in 3 tablespoons milk and oil just until combined. Roll out and cut into strips; make a lattice crust over filling. Trim and seal edges. Brush lattice top with remaining milk; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lattice-Topped Turkey Casserole in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p53
Reviews for Lattice-Topped Turkey Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2008
Pretty good1 Nope you never miss the fat I add a bit more rosemary, thyme, and garlic.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Casseroles >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >