Convenient crescent roll dough turns into the pretty topping on this creamy casserole filled with chicken and vegetables. While it's baking, I prepare a simple salad and dessert. It's a nice meal for company, too. —Janet Aselage, Sidney, Ohio
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup, milk, cheese, onions and seasoned salt. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, separate crescent dough into two rectangles. Seal perforations; cut each rectangle lengthwise into four strips. Working quickly, weave strips over warm filling, forming a lattice crust. Bake 15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Lattice-Top Chicken Stew in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p14
Reviews for Lattice-Top Chicken Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review