Lattice-Top Chicken Stew Recipe
Convenient crescent roll dough turns into the pretty topping on this creamy casserole filled with chicken and vegetables. While it's baking, I prepare a simple salad and dessert. It's a nice meal for company, too. —Janet Aselage, Sidney, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup, milk, cheese, onions and seasoned salt. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, separate crescent dough into two rectangles. Seal perforations; cut each rectangle lengthwise into four strips. Working quickly, weave strips over warm filling, forming a lattice crust. Bake 15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 291 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 747 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC