Lattice Sausage Pie Recipe
I often serve this hearty egg dish to family and friends for special occasions. They just rave over the flavor. Crescent rolls make a tasty, easy crust. -Jennifer Polk, Lincoln, Nebraska
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 12 links Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown® Mild Pork Breakfast Sausage Links, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Unroll one tube of crescent roll dough; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish to form a crust. Seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle sausage over crust.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add the mushrooms. Spoon over sausage. Top with cheeses and pimientos. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder; pour over all.
- 3. Unroll remaining dough; seal seams and perforations. Cut into 1/2-in. lengthwise strips. Use strips to form a lattice crust on top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 368 calories, 27 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 183 mg cholesterol, 1,009 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Lattice Sausage Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC