Lattice Fruit Bars Recipe
These attractive bars make a beautiful addition to any table. I like the fact that one batch goes a long way.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:42 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Combine eggs and vanilla; stir into crumb mixture until blended. Cover and refrigerate a fourth of the dough for at least 45 minutes.
- 2. Press remaining dough into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. 1-in. baking pan. Spread 1/4 cup apricot preserves in a 1-3/4-in. strip over one long side of crust. Spread 1/4 cup of raspberry preserves in a 1-3/4-in. strip adjoining the apricot strip. Repeat twice.
- 3. Roll out reserved dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 1/2-in. strips; make a lattice top. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 121 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC