These attractive bars make a beautiful addition to any table. I like the fact that one batch goes a long way.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Combine eggs and vanilla; stir into crumb mixture until blended. Cover and refrigerate a fourth of the dough for at least 45 minutes.
- Press remaining dough into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. 1-in. baking pan. Spread 1/4 cup apricot preserves in a 1-3/4-in. strip over one long side of crust. Spread 1/4 cup of raspberry preserves in a 1-3/4-in. strip adjoining the apricot strip. Repeat twice.
- Roll out reserved dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 1/2-in. strips; make a lattice top. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Lattice Fruit Bars in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p75
Reviews for Lattice Fruit Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review