Lattice Corn Pie Recipe
This unique side dish is full of old-fashioned goodness, with tender diced potatoes and a fresh, sweet corn flavor. Once you've tasted this delicious pie, you'll never want to serve corn any other way! —Kathy Spang, Manheim, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup diced peeled potatoes
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1. Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a blender, combine the milk, eggs, corn, sugar and salt; cover and process until blended.
- 3. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. Spoon potatoes into crust; top with corn mixture (crust will be full). Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 310 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Lattice Corn Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC