Lattice Corn Pie Recipe
This unique side dish is full of old-fashioned goodness, with tender diced potatoes and a fresh, sweet corn flavor. Once you've tasted this delicious pie, you'll never want to serve corn any other way! —Kathy Spang, Manheim, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup diced peeled potatoes
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a blender, combine the milk, eggs, corn, sugar and salt; cover and process until blended.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. Spoon potatoes into crust; top with corn mixture (crust will be full). Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lattice Corn Pie in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p45
Reviews for Lattice Corn Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review