- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large saucepan, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup and milk; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, onions and seasoned salt. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate into two rectangles. Seal the perforations; cut each rectangle lengthwise into 1/2-in. strips. Form a lattice crust over the chicken mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Lattice Chicken Potpie
Sort By :
Used a rotisserie chicken. I doubled the recipe and made a 9 by 13 pan and a smaller dish. For vegetables I used cooked leftover fresh green beans, boiled carrots and frozen peas. It was just like chicken potpie but a lot easier. No trouble with the crust if your vegetables are precooked. This will be my new take to families casserole (and keep the small one for hubby and me to eat).
Family loves this. I also use a bag of mixed vegetables (either thawed or heated in the microwave). I bake it at 350 covered then remove cover and bake another 10-15 minutes. Have never had burned or raw dough using this method. I don't do the lattice I just unroll the dough to cover the top.
I made this recipe but was running low on time so I just made the chicken mixture and served it over biscuits. It was a big hit!! Will definately make again.
This recipe was so easy and one of the best tasting I've ever made. It was a big hit !!!
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pot Pie >
- Chicken Pot Pie Recipes >