Lattice Chicken Potpie Recipe
My sister shared this great recipe with me. Because it features all four food groups, it's the only dish you have to prepare for dinner. —Angie Cottrell, Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup and milk; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, onions and seasoned salt. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate into two rectangles. Seal the perforations; cut each rectangle lengthwise into 1/2-in. strips. Form a lattice crust over the chicken mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup equals 477 calories, 27 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 1,126 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC