I inherited my mother's love of cooking. I serve these crispy potato pancakes for Hanakkah and other celebrations.Rachel Delano, Tappahannock, Virginia
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups shredded peeled potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Place potatoes in a clean linen towel; squeeze, reserving liquid in a
- measuring cup. Set aside until potato starch settles. Drain off top
- liquid; set potato starch aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, egg, salt, pepper and
- reserved potato starch. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet.
- Shape potato mixture by 2 tablespoonfuls into patties; place in hot
- oil, pressing lightly to flatten.
- Fry until golden brown, about 1-1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on
- paper towels. Serve immediately or place in a warm oven until ready
- to serve. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.