- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 ounces lox
- Sour cream and minced fresh chives, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in eggs until blended. Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lox; top with sour cream and chives if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Latkes with Lox in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Latkes with Lox
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2012
"Excellent...my husband just loves them...plan on making them quite often!"