Latkes with Lox Recipe
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 ounces lox
- Sour cream and minced fresh chives, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in eggs until blended. Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- 2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lox; top with sour cream and chives if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
3 latkes with 1/3 ounce lox (calculated without sour cream and chives): 270 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 610mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Latkes with Lox
"Excellent...my husband just loves them...plan on making them quite often!"
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.