Latkes with Lox Recipe
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 ounces lox
- Sour cream and minced fresh chives, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in eggs until blended. Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- 2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lox; top with sour cream and chives if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
3 latkes with 1/3 ounce lox (calculated without sour cream and chives): 270 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 610mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Latkes with Lox
"Excellent...my husband just loves them...plan on making them quite often!"
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.