Latkes with Lox Recipe
Lox, a salty smoked salmon, is a year-round delicacy. This recipe, inspired by one from the Jewish Journal, uses lox as a topping. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 ounces lox
- Sour cream and minced fresh chives, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in eggs until blended. Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lox; top with sour cream and chives if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Latkes with Lox in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Latkes with Lox(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2012
Excellent...my husband just loves them...plan on making them quite often!