Late-Night Breadsticks Recipe
It took no time at all for our home economist to turn frozen bread dough into these irresistible breadsticks. Full cheese flavor, the speedy snacks disappear fast, especially if served with marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. Divide dough into 16 pieces; roll each into a 6-in. rope. Dip ropes in butter, then roll in cheese mixture.
- 2. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Let rest for 10 minutes. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 breadsticks.
1 serving (1 each) equals 122 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC