Sharon Martin, Denver, Pennsylvania
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Dash minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces spiral noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) small curd 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, brown beef with onion, garlic and salt. Stir in
- spaghetti sauce; simmer until heated. Remove 1 cup meat sauce; set
- aside. Stir noodles into the remaining sauce. Place half of
- noodle-sauce mixture in greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover with cottage
- cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Add remaining noodle-sauce mixture; top with 1 cup of reserved meat
- sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan
- cheese. Cover; bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5
- minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1
-1/2 cups) equals 324 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 662 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.