Lasagna Toss Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Dash minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces spiral noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) small curd 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, brown beef with onion, garlic and salt. Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer until heated. Remove 1 cup meat sauce; set aside. Stir noodles into the remaining sauce. Place half of noodle-sauce mixture in greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover with cottage cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 2. Add remaining noodle-sauce mixture; top with 1 cup of reserved meat sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover; bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 324 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Lasagna Toss
"This recipe is a family favorite. I've been making it for years."
"very easy and quick to make."
"making this for the second time! After working 10 hours...this is so easy and just delicious! I doctored up cheap spaghetti sauce, added some basil and italian seasoning to the cottage cheese and cheese mixture....Just a "must fix""
"I was given a Taste of Home cookbook as a wedding gift 20 years ago, and this recipe was in it. It was one of the first "real" things I ever made as a 21 yr old newlywed. Over the years I've made it many times, sometimes as written, sometimes with leftover homemade sauce, and it's always good. It's easy and a crowd pleaser."
"i made this into a casserole cause it just seemed easier.added mushrooms,green and red peppers just about a quarter cup each. my husband loved it.thanks for sharing"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.