- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Dash minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces spiral noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) small curd 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, brown beef with onion, garlic and salt. Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer until heated. Remove 1 cup meat sauce; set aside. Stir noodles into the remaining sauce. Place half of noodle-sauce mixture in greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover with cottage cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Add remaining noodle-sauce mixture; top with 1 cup of reserved meat sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover; bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Lasagna Toss
Sort By :
This recipe is a family favorite. I've been making it for years.
very easy and quick to make.
making this for the second time! After working 10 hours...this is so easy and just delicious! I doctored up cheap spaghetti sauce, added some basil and italian seasoning to the cottage cheese and cheese mixture....Just a "must fix"
I was given a Taste of Home cookbook as a wedding gift 20 years ago, and this recipe was in it. It was one of the first "real" things I ever made as a 21 yr old newlywed. Over the years I've made it many times, sometimes as written, sometimes with leftover homemade sauce, and it's always good. It's easy and a crowd pleaser.
i made this into a casserole cause it just seemed easier.added mushrooms,green and red peppers just about a quarter cup each. my husband loved it.thanks for sharing
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >