—Sharon Martin, Denver, Pennsylvania
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Dash minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces spiral noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) small curd 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, brown beef with onion, garlic and salt. Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer until heated. Remove 1 cup meat sauce; set aside. Stir noodles into the remaining sauce. Place half of noodle-sauce mixture in greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover with cottage cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Add remaining noodle-sauce mixture; top with 1 cup of reserved meat sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover; bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Lasagna Toss in Country Woman March/April 1990, p35
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Lasagna Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review