With five kinds of cheese, these pasta roll-ups are so flavorful. Keep them in mind when you want an impressive main course for special guests.—Mary Jane Jones, Williamstown, West Virginia
Recommended: 50 Great Ways to Make Lasagna
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, Italian seasoning and salt. Spread 1/2 cup cheese mixture over each noodle; carefully roll up.
- For sauce, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, pepper and salt until smooth. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cream.
- Pour 1 cup sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cut lasagna roll-ups in half widthwise; place cut side down in dish. Top with remaining sauce; sprinkle with Gruyere and Parmesan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p46
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lasagna Spinach Roll Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2014
"Very good!!!!!! My family loved it, new favorite! I did add chopped mushrooms to the sauce right before pulling off the burner."