Lasagna Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (7-3/4 ounces) lasagna dinner mix
- 5 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add contents of the lasagna dinner sauce mix, water, tomatoes, corn and cheese; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the lasagna noodles and zucchini. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Lasagna Soup(23)
Sort By :
I prepared this soup last night and both my husband and I declared it a winner and thumbs up. It is easy to prepare and quick, too. I used a yellow squash as that is all I had and it substituted perfectly. I thought it was a little bland so added salt and pepper and definitely pass the Parmesan cheese as that makes it! Here is a link to my review with photos.
I have been making this recipe for years. Actually since TOH first issued it in their magazine. We love it! AND it is so easy!
We really liked this. My husband isn't a soup guy, but has asked for this several times, so must be good. I only used 1/2 pound of beef, seemed to be enough and increased the water to 6 cups. I also added a tsp. of Italian Seasoning. I think I'll try to do half water/half beef broth next time for more flavor. I'm not big on boxed meals, but I now keep a box or two of Lasagna Hamburger Helper in the cupboard.
Awesome and just about the easiest soup ever to make. Will definitely be making this soup again!!!
I have been making this since it was first published in 1999 and have passed it on to many others. It is delicious and soooo easy and most of the ingredients I always have on hand. I use a can of zucchini in tomato sauce when I do not have fresh zucchini on hand.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Simple Soup Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >