"This recipe is excellent for working mothers because it's fast to make and very flavorful," writes Gladys Shaffer from her home in Elma, Washington. Fresh zucchini and corn add color and crunch to a boxed lasagna dinner mix.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (7-3/4 ounces) lasagna dinner mix
- 5 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add contents of the lasagna dinner sauce mix, water, tomatoes, corn and cheese; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the lasagna noodles and zucchini. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Lasagna Soup in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p13
Reviews for Lasagna Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review