"These cheesy grilled sandwiches really taste like lasagna," writes Gail Rotheiser of Highland Park, Illinois. "They're perfect for a quick evening meal—our children loved them with vegetable soup and crunchy potato sticks."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 8 slices Italian or other white bread
- 8 bacon strips, halved and cooked
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients; spread on four
- slices of bread. Layer with bacon, tomato and cheese; top with
- remaining bread.
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Toast
- sandwiches until lightly browned on both sides and cheese is melted,
- adding butter if necessary.
- Yield: 4 servings.