Lasagna Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 8 slices Italian or other white bread
- 8 bacon strips, halved and cooked
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients; spread on four slices of bread. Layer with bacon, tomato and cheese; top with remaining bread.
- 2. In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Toast sandwiches until lightly browned on both sides and cheese is melted, adding butter if necessary. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich: 445 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1094mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Lasagna Sandwiches
"My husband loved these and asked for them again! He balked at the name of the recipe, but after eating half the sandwich, he could see where the name came from. We made these on Texas Toast, which is the best for grilled sandwiches, and they were absolutely scrumptious!!"
"I made it exactly by the recipe, except that I added some baby spinach for health's sake, and my husband and I agreed that it tasted like a good BLT, nothing like lasagna. If I made it again, I would sautee the onions first, since they were still uncooked after grilling."
"I use deli ham or turkey instead of the bacon for an even easier version. Make this all the time for my family."
"These were fantastic! I was a little skeptic but since I have been trying to avoid going to the grocery store until our upcoming trip decided to go ahead and try them and wow! I served them with marinara sauce as another individual stated. I also only used four slices of white bread to suit our tastes (we both prefer more sauce). Definitely went into the "Keeper" file and will be making again soon!"
"I have been making these sandwiches as an appetizer for a long time and they are fantastic. Everyone who tries them just always asks for the recipe. I serve them with some marinara sauce."
"very good my family all liked these even my picky eaters who usually won't eat tomatoes. Terrific with cup minestrone soup"