Lasagna Sandwiches Recipe
"These cheesy grilled sandwiches really taste like lasagna," writes Gail Rotheiser of Highland Park, Illinois. "They're perfect for a quick evening meal—our children loved them with vegetable soup and crunchy potato sticks."
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 8 slices Italian or other white bread
- 8 bacon strips, halved and cooked
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 slices Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients; spread on four slices of bread. Layer with bacon, tomato and cheese; top with remaining bread.
- 2. In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Toast sandwiches until lightly browned on both sides and cheese is melted, adding butter if necessary. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC