Lasagna Roll Ups Recipe
- 1/3 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1-1/4 cups 4% cottage cheese, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes, salt, oregano and cayenne; simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Spoon half of the meat sauce into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Combine cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley and onion powder; spread 1/4 cupful on each noodle. Carefully roll up and place seam side down over meat sauce. Top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
2 each: 525 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 1192mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Lasagna Roll Ups
"I made this for my fiance and his friends after a long day of skiing. Rave reviews from all!"
"Although this recipe was easyto make, it was dry and did not have a good taste. My grandchildren love lasagna but did not eat this because it did not taste good."
"This recipe was so good and easy to follow. Thanks!"
"This was such a delicious recipe and my husband and I liked it so much better then the traditional lasagna. You can do half the strips for little ones. Will for sure make these again!!"
"This is a good, fast weekday alternative to making traditional lasagna. We're adding it to our rotation."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.