Lasagna Roll Ups Recipe
- 1/3 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1-1/4 cups 4% cottage cheese, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes, salt, oregano and cayenne; simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Spoon half of the meat sauce into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Combine cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley and onion powder; spread 1/4 cupful on each noodle. Carefully roll up and place seam side down over meat sauce. Top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
2 roll-ups equals 525 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 1,192 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.