Lasagna Pizza Recipe
Angie Dierikx from Taylor Ridge, Illinois relies on convenience items, including handy hot roll mix and a package of spaghetti sauce mix, to fix these savory squares that really do taste like lasagna. “This was a family favorite when I was growing up,” she writes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:12-15 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water and 3 tablespoons spaghetti sauce mix; heat through.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine contents of roll mix and yeast packets; add remaining spaghetti sauce mix. Stir in warm water until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Roll into a 17-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; build up edges slightly. Spread cottage cheese over dough. Top with meat mixture and Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC