- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water and 3 tablespoons spaghetti sauce mix; heat through.
- In a large bowl, combine contents of roll mix and yeast packets; add remaining spaghetti sauce mix. Stir in warm water until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Roll into a 17-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; build up edges slightly. Spread cottage cheese over dough. Top with meat mixture and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lasagna Pizza
"I thought this was just okay. I used ricotta instead of the cottage cheese because that's how I make lasagna. The crust was tough and topping somewhat dry. It was edible but definitely did not taste like lasagna."
"Thi9s sounds **wonderful**. Easy, simple. Would be interested in seeing Nutritional Value ofi t though. Guesstimating carb. count may be in range of 30-35g. Am I close? Thank you for your reply, tOH! J."
"This is so good. Like lasagna on a pizza crust. I am lazy and just use a store bought pizza crust when I make this. My family loves this."
"Have made this and it is excellent. A nice change on regular pizza. I make with a loaf of bread dough rather than the hot roll mix."
"LOVE THIS RECIPE!! This will become a regular on our menu for dinner. It really does taste like lasagna, only much less time consuming to make."
"We really enjoyed this. I bet it would be good with sausage too."
"I made this for my family the other night. They LOVED it! The only thing I would do differently next time is use a thinner crust. But our family isn't too big on thicker crusts, so that's just our version. Other than that, it was absolutely delicious!"
"What is Hot Roll Mix."