- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water and 3 tablespoons spaghetti sauce mix; heat through.
- In a large bowl, combine contents of roll mix and yeast packets; add remaining spaghetti sauce mix. Stir in warm water until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Roll into a 17-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; build up edges slightly. Spread cottage cheese over dough. Top with meat mixture and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lasagna Pizza
"I thought this was just okay. I used ricotta instead of the cottage cheese because that's how I make lasagna. The crust was tough and topping somewhat dry. It was edible but definitely did not taste like lasagna."
"Thi9s sounds **wonderful**. Easy, simple. Would be interested in seeing Nutritional Value ofi t though. Guesstimating carb. count may be in range of 30-35g. Am I close? Thank you for your reply, tOH! J."
"This is so good. Like lasagna on a pizza crust. I am lazy and just use a store bought pizza crust when I make this. My family loves this."
"Have made this and it is excellent. A nice change on regular pizza. I make with a loaf of bread dough rather than the hot roll mix."
"LOVE THIS RECIPE!! This will become a regular on our menu for dinner. It really does taste like lasagna, only much less time consuming to make."
"We really enjoyed this. I bet it would be good with sausage too."
"I made this for my family the other night. They LOVED it! The only thing I would do differently next time is use a thinner crust. But our family isn't too big on thicker crusts, so that's just our version. Other than that, it was absolutely delicious!"
"You can find boxed hot roll mix in the baking aisle with the corn bread/muffin mixes, etc. It's just a faster way to make a bread dough than starting from scratch. I've used this for years - use for your coffee cake crusts, pizza crusts, great hot rolls, etc."
"What is Hot Roll Mix."