Lasagna Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. In a bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Spread over loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Sprinkle with topping ingredients. Bake 15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 393 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 166 mg cholesterol, 801 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.