Lasagna Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. In a bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Spread over loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Sprinkle with topping ingredients. Bake 15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 393 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 166mg cholesterol, 801mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Lasagna Loaf
"I split the meat mixture, put half the topping on first layer and finished off with the balance of meat mixture and topping as outlined . Worked well"