- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. In a bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Spread over loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Sprinkle with topping ingredients. Bake 15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Lasagna Loaf in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p45
Reviews for Lasagna Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2014
"I split the meat mixture, put half the topping on first layer and finished off with the balance of meat mixture and topping as outlined . Worked well"