This recipe is a product of three different recipes and a little imagination. Even the picky eaters in my family enjoy slices of this meat loaf. It tastes like lasagna without the noodles. - Bobbie Croker, Omaha, Nebraska
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 carton (15 ounces) Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup cubed Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. In a bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Spread over loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Sprinkle with topping ingredients. Bake 15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Lasagna Loaf in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p45
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Lasagna Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2014
"I split the meat mixture, put half the topping on first layer and finished off with the balance of meat mixture and topping as outlined . Worked well"