Lasagna in a Bun Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 small submarine or hoagie buns (8 inches)
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and salt. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Meanwhile, combine 1/2 cup mozzarella, ricotta, egg white, Parmesan and remaining Italian seasoning; mix well.
- 2. Cut a thin slice off the top of each bun. Carefully hollow out bun bottoms, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. (Discard removed bread or save for another use.) Spoon meat mixture into buns; top with the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Replace bun tops. Wrap each in heavy-duty foil. Place on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 557 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 1320mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Lasagna in a Bun
"I dded mushrooms to the sauce. Instead of hoagies, I just purchased one big French Roll as it was cheaper that way."