Sliced hard-cooked eggs give a sunny look to this special lasagna from the American Egg Board. The eggs peek through the crumb-and-cheese topping.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian-style tomato sauce
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a bowl, combine egg, spinach and cottage cheese; set aside. In a
- greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer half of the tomato sauce,
- noodles, spinach mixture, eggs and mozzarella. Repeat layers.
- Combine the crumbs, Parmesan, butter and garlic; sprinkle over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes; uncover and bake 10
- minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 291 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 264 mg cholesterol, 609 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.