- 1 egg
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian-style tomato sauce
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a bowl, combine egg, spinach and cottage cheese; set aside. In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer half of the tomato sauce, noodles, spinach mixture, eggs and mozzarella. Repeat layers. Combine the crumbs, Parmesan, butter and garlic; sprinkle over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes; uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Lasagna Florentine
Sort By :
"Look fwd. to making...soon. We're empty nesters, so will make only half of this. We're bnoth spinach lovers, and this is one way to enjoy the bounty! May very well not use the egg topping. K."
"Very delicious. And I left in the boiled eggs and loved it. So did my two year old. No complaints here!"
"I will leave out the boiled eggs !"