Sliced hard-cooked eggs give a sunny look to this special lasagna from the American Egg Board. The eggs peek through the crumb-and-cheese topping.
- 1 egg
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian-style tomato sauce
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a bowl, combine egg, spinach and cottage cheese; set aside. In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer half of the tomato sauce, noodles, spinach mixture, eggs and mozzarella. Repeat layers. Combine the crumbs, Parmesan, butter and garlic; sprinkle over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes; uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Lasagna Florentine in Country Woman March/April 1997, p40
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Lasagna Florentine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review